Monday, May 11, 2009

Invisible [wo]Man

I've been away for a while. Life became a little hectic for me at the beginning of May but oddly it's still been a great journey. I was offered a film reshoot in New York City and had to make living arrangements, since I no longer live there. Concurrently, my brother's car, which I am currently driving, broke down on I-95. Apparently, the antifreeze was m.i.a. and the oil was last changed "when Jesus walked the earth" as my mechanic put it, causing it to overheat and shut down. My body was going through the same experience as the car. I was having some gastrointestinal issues, most likely because my diet has gone to hell -- or in this case, to the suburbs. Since returning home, I have had more fast food-preservative-high fat-fructose-corn syrup filled goodies to last me a lifetime.

I finally made it to New York on Thursday and after my first day of pre-production, I decided I had to go to the emergency room. I didn't want to be in the middle of shooting and pass out on the crew. I spent the whole night there only to discover nothing was obviously wrong GI wise. They kept me on a stretcher all night and sent me home at 6 am the next day. I took a shower and returned to the production office on 2 hours of sleep. My lesson in all this was, maintain a healthy engine and your car will run smoothly. So take care of yourself, eat healthy and workout. Not because you want to but because you should. Just because a demon of unhealthiness hasn't reared it's ugly head in your life -- yet, doesn't mean we should take our life here on this earth for granted.

Thank you for reading.

C. Madry

No comments:

Post a Comment