Okay I get it now. Ladies you know how men get sensitive when they go bald and we don't understand it because we truly don't care? Well on Day 20 I began to lose my hair and I get it now. It's about the fact that your option of wearing any hair style other than a baldy is taken away, right fellas? I will never laugh at a "I had no choice but to go bald" story again.
Yes I buzzed my hair already but whatever hair was left on my body began to simply rub off. It's so unjust! I just began to say that I made it 4 weeks past chemo and never lost my hair. Apparently it likes to take it's time. I had just purchased a new bottle of shaving cream too. Just bad timing all around, but I'm holding out for my eyebrows and eyelashes. Please pray for me that I get to at least keep them. (Yes I did just ask you to pray for the safety of my eyebrows and eyelashes, it's that serious.)
Let the hair on my head rub away, I actually like my look and I'll save on painful hair removal techniques on various parts of the body for the next several months. Apparently bald is the new weave. Ladies take those pieces out! Fake is so 2008. (But if it's yours...do you.)
In other news, I finally get a day off tomorrow. I get to have one day of my Sunday ritual: Big breakfast including a homemade waffle with strawberries and turkey bacon with freshly brewed coffee, CBS Sunday morning at 9 am followed by Meet the Press. I'm sure MTP will only talk about this week's activities revolving around Obama's Health care town hall meetings. Those crazy republicans make good television. A brief break after that and soon that will be followed by football for the rest of the day and then Mad Men before bed -- but not yet with the football.
Tomorrow is, however, the premiere of "Mad Men", one of the most brilliant shows on television. If you've missed it, we're at Season 3. Good luck catching up. It's one of those shows that helps you channel your old soul but be ever so grateful you live in the 21st century. I know many people who are old souls, they love old music and tradition, clothes and culture. They would love this show but possibly change their mind about "wanting to have lived in the 60's".
When you watch Mad Men, you finally understand what it was like for your mother/father and grandmother/grandfather in the 60's, how New York businesses thrived, with only men working actual positions and women limited to secretary duties. How families actually functioned and how it was truly a man's world. Forget African-Americans, we were barely allowed to attend the same school as whites, let alone work on anything other than an elevator or behind a tea cart in New York. Remember, that was only 45 years ago in the U.S. I appreciate the civil rights and feminist movement 100 times more now that I watch that show. It's that real and that well written, directed and executed by the actors. I hope you check it out.
Thank you for reading.
Peace and blessings,
Christina
No comments:
Post a Comment