Day 80
1 British pound = 1.589 U.S. dollars
Dropping steadily and counting. I'm praying for a miracle before I get to Europe because quite frankly, until I pull a Gisele (and only get paid in euros) and while I still make money in us dollars, the euro scares me. For now I'll take 1.589 from the U.K., the best I've seen in a very long time.
“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”
You didn't think this was a blog on economics did you? No it is not. In fact, it's as the title dictates. It's about following your dreams. People either love me or don't know me (and you can quote me on that one). I believe the reason why is because I am a dreamer and I have a way of making my dreams come true. I am a gypsy and I go wherever it is I want to go. I don't listen to what someone elses idea of what my dreams should be and I define my own happiness. Manolo Blahnik does not bring me happiness, but Levi Strauss does. Okay, so do my Choos. Buying a house is not the all American dream to me but having a female president is (perhaps Michelle or Hilary in 2016?). A carnival cruise is not my idea of a vacation but traveling to Singapore one day to go shopping for a killer pair of jeans is - to me. Define your own happiness.
I'm no different than you and whatever dreams that you have are also possible. It's true and when we see those celebs or singers accepting those awards saying "if I can make it you can make it too", it's all true! You can be whatever it is that you want to be, or achieve whatever it is you wish to achieve, if you want it badly enough.
I used to dream one day... I have to pause for a moment to say this.
I used to dream one day of being cured of Sickle Cell Disease, and I might attain that dream. I almost lost my faith when I felt I was getting closer to death in 2006, this restored it. Me having Sickle Cell has been a constant variable in my life, as well as my families, for 33 years. My mom will no longer see me suffer, my siblings, family and friends don't have to accomodate to my illness any longer and I can live the life I was always destined to live. I have always wanted to live in Europe, in addition to attending a top school recognized throughout the world, and the very same year I am to be cured is the same year I am set to achieve both of those dreams as well. I am so very grateful for all these things. My dreams do not consist of fame or fortune, but they are just as important to me as someone with those
aspirations. And I am telling you, if all these things can happen for me, anything you desire can happen for you as well.
Believe in yourself, but most importantly, trust your instincts and always stay true to whoever it is that you really are. Continue to keep positive people around you that support your aspirations and things will work out in the end. Just be careful what you wish for.
I'm telling you, I know this much to be true. Just look at my story.
Thank you for reading.
Peace and blessings,
C. Madry
No comments:
Post a Comment