Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter eggs

I begin my estrogen treatments next week to prepare for my first round of egg retrieval. Dr. Garcia confirmed today we're all set to begin next week. Can you imagine me on estrogen? I'm staying far away from the movie P.S. I love you, conversations with men about why D'Angelo is still sexy (what do they know about unconditional love anyway) and all things Richard Gere. I'm already preparing to stock pile up on Hershey's chocolate, get my cardio by running behind the ice cream truck and locate a gay husband who also does my hair and make-up. That should keep me balanced until I get back to myself again. I wouldn't trade being a woman for anything but the estrogen I already possess is difficult enough to live with.

I'm curious, is there a dating site to match you with a gay husband? Something to think about ladies...

I also discovered my donor match which I forgot to post on last weeks blog. My mother and two half sisters came back as a 50% match, while my brother is a 100% match. This experiment involves using someone who is a half match so my brother is not eligible to help me. My mother and I prefer not to use her since she will be my care provider. Although my half sisters were informed that they were a match, neither of them has stepped forward or offered to help me. Some of my cousins and uncles have offered to be tested and have said that they are willing to help me in this process. I am so grateful to have these family members offer to be tested and I will keep you posted as to our progress on finding a willing donor.

In other news, I've had the unluckiest week of my life. The glass display screen on my iPhone broke and the great company we all know and love called Apple offers no replacement warranties on them -- a risk you take when purchasing one. In addition to that, I have misplaced my digital camera, lost my Mont Blanc wallet and the Yankees beat the Orioles once out of three games (at the one I attended of course) by a score of 11-2. Where is Frank Sinatra with some of that lady luck he sings so well about? I guess all this proves I'm still human. For a while, life had been so lucky for me I thought that I set some record.

Next week I will provide more information regarding the egg retrieval and storage process for anyone who is curious about the details.

I hope everyone enjoyed a Happy Passover or Easter!

Peace and blessings,

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment