Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It's spring again!

This week I'm feeling a lot better about this fertility thing. After speaking with some of my female counterparts about freezing my eggs, some of them jumped on the bandwagon! Yes, being a single woman in her thirties (them, not me of course) is difficult. You don't necessarily want to rush to settle down but the chances of conceiving after 35 are slim without help. Now I don't feel so much pressure. I would never do this if it weren't for this transplant so I'm looking at the fertility treatments as the silver lining on my cloudy day.

I applied to graduate school for the winter of 2010. My top school choice is in London and my second choice is located in Atlanta Georgia. My plan is to continue with this transplant through the remainder of 2009 and begin anew in 2010. So far my school in Atlanta, Georgia has accepted me, at least I think they have. That is great! My fingers are still crossed for London.

Now that I have some downtime from this transplant I find myself bored in the suburbs of Maryland. I'm dying a slow social death. Since committing facebook suicide I feel even more isolated. God forbid people email or (gasp! dare I say it?) call. I've always been up for a challenge so that means I need to travel more in order to renew old friendships and build new ones. I'd like to take some time to visit Paris again. I have not returned since I left in 2007, but I didn't need to -- everyone visited me or left. Or maybe I'll find myself on some island sipping rum punches soaking up the sun getting my groove back. Shopping in Georgetown with my best friend? Pics to come once I decide on my destination. The spring of 2009 is just getting started...

Peace and blessings,

C. Madry

No comments:

Post a Comment